Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, November 26, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Dusting my butt! (Updates #46 and #47)

Yes, it's been a few weeks. I'm aware of that. Just go with me on all this, k?

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023
5.
Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023; finished 11 February 2023
6.
Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023; frogged 5 September 2023
7.
Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022; finished 11 September 2023
8.
Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021; frogged 7 October 2023
9.
Baby Blanket: started 30 June 2023; finished 8 October 2023
10. Rupee Bag for Little Man: started at some point; finished 30 October 2023

Nothing to see here, folks, now move along. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
9. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
10. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
11. Socks: started 28 September 2022
12. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
13. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)
14. Vanilla Socks: started 7 October 2023
15. Baby Blanket: started 28 October 2023
16. Rainbow Hat: started 21 November 2023

I know. I started a new project. It's a thing that happens once in awhile. I wanted something quick and fairly mindless and I had picked up the skein of KnitCircus Ringmaster in Love is Love a few weeks ago so I pulled some needles out and started a hat. It's a rainbow gradient so I had to start from the center (which is not something I like doing) so the purple would be at the brim of the hat...but of course I'm worried that I'm going to wind up making a partial rainbow so I think I'm going to make a long, elf-like hat so that I use up every scrap of the gradient. That's the plan, at least. I also plan to have a extra long ribbing section of brim so it can be folded over. 

In addition to that, I also worked on the Socks for Little Man (#11 in the list). I finished up the heel flap on the first sock and he's requested a shorter sock, which is good because his feet are HUGE and I'll probably run out of yarn if I make them regular length (but I did check with him before I decided on shorter socks). 

Oh, and I worked a bit on the baby blanket. And I shipped the last baby blanket, which means I have one less huge thing in my house, taking up space.

But that's it, I swear!


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
6. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
7. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see what I can find.

Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

I had Knitters' Guild a few weeks ago. Our speaker was Kirk Dunn, known as The Knitting Pilgrim. He's an actor and knitter most famous for three tapestries that are fully knitted to look like stained glass windows. It was interesting to hear him speak of how that all came about, including how he started knitting. I spent time working on Little Man's sock during that meeting.

Speaking of Little Man, he managed to snap one of his braces off and had to get that fixed. He may have loosened a different one a few days later. ::sigh:: He was less than pleased about the snapped bracket but it happens. I think part of it is that he messes with them too much because they're so new. I know he'll get used to them but right now. he's constantly picking at them. 

And of course we had Thanksgiving this past Thursday. Originally, it was supposed to be the four of us, Husband's parents, and a friend of ours...Husband's parents bailed weeks ago and I'm 100% okay with that. And then our friend's daughter was sick so he didn't want to bring the icky over here. Additionally, Stormageddon was coughing his fool head off, though he's not exactly sick. He has no other symptoms other than this lingering non-productive cough. Poor kiddo. 

Thursday morning, Little Man and I ventured across Madison to partake in the last Berbee Derby (next year, they're calling it the Birdie Derby). We have done a 5K on Thanksgiving since...well, we've done a lot of them over the years.



Do not let this picture fool you. He's not taller than I am. Yet. He's getting close, though.



We went with a friend of ours and his dad. They have two doggos at home: a white bichon frise and a golden yorkiepoo. And Little Man was in love. And they loved him. Apparently bichons will hop up on their back legs and pray at you when they want something. It was hilarious to watch. He's a bit older and better behaved than his 6-month old brother. But they're both little lovebugs. Little Man was in heaven. 

On Friday, I worked from home while Husband and the boys brought up all the Christmas stuff. Most of the house is decorated now (we did that Friday evening and yesterday morning). We did some of the outside decorations and had intended to do the rest today. And then we woke up to this: 


Dusting my butt! We got a good 2-3" of snow this morning. In fact, I think it's still going. ::sigh:: Stupid weather. 

It's just as well, though, because Stormageddon and I both got Covid/flu vaccinations yesterday and neither of us are feeling the greatest. In fact, it's afternoon and we're both still in jammies. It's fine.

In other random events, we're heading out on a boat soon! Less than a month! I suppose I should get my posts in order to auto-post while we're gone. Or something. We'll see how that goes. 

 

I hope you've had a lovely few weeks :)   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment