Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, December 10, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Time just keeps on slipping away (Updates #48 & #49)

Yes, hello, Happy Sunday!

 

I know. Believe me, I already am well aware that I'm overdue. Let's just get this all going....

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023
4.
Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020; finished 12 April 2023
5.
Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023; finished 11 February 2023
6.
Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023; frogged 5 September 2023
7.
Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022; finished 11 September 2023
8.
Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021; frogged 7 October 2023
9.
Baby Blanket: started 30 June 2023; finished 8 October 2023
10. Rupee Bag for Little Man: started at some point; finished 30 October 2023

Move along now, folks, there's nothing to see here. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
9. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
10. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
11. Socks: started 28 September 2022
12. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
13. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)
14. Vanilla Socks: started 7 October 2023
15. Baby Blanket: started 28 October 2023
16. Rainbow Hat: started 21 November 2023

Right now, my Star Stitch Shawl is on a temporary time-out to think about what it's done. I've frogged it again for what I feel like is the 4th or 5th time since I started it. I was working on it, discovered an issue, tinked back a couple rows, and still managed to have issues so I wound up just ripping it all out. I'll get back around to it eventually. 

In other knitting events, I'm almost finished with the brim on the Rainbow Hat. And by that, I mean that I've knit at least 5" so I can fold it up over itself. Something close to that, anyway. I'm almost ready to switch to larger needles. I still don't know if it's going to be elf-like or just extra slouchy or what but we'll see when I get there. 

And then there's the newest Baby Blanket. I'm only 16 rows in at this point but I'm thinking that it's going to be stripey anyway so I just need to decide how wide I want my stripes to be. I have a feeling it will be something like multiples of four...but I haven't decided if I want to do 12 rows, then 8 rows, then something else or how I want that to work out. I'll maybe need to sit down and think about it and draw it out or something. Something. I don't even know yet. 

Oh, and I worked on the sock for Little Man. I turned the heel, which isn't exactly a lot of knitting on that project but it still amazes me when it happens correctly. So, that happened. 

I may have worked a few rounds on the socks for me, as well, but I honestly don't remember. 

Tomorrow is Knitters' Guild so I suspect I'll be knitting during the meeting, as well...but I haven't decided if I'm going in person or if I'm going to attend virtually. The question really becomes: what am I going to work on?!


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
6. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
7. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)...but she's requested a cow as a replacement so we'll see what I can find.

Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

The past few weeks have been kind of a whirlwind, which is probably why I haven't posted as often as I should have been. Things are going on with the house addition. I finally climbed out the window to the upstairs section and took photos today. 

So this is from the end closest to the house, looking the full length of the second floor. I am standing in what will become Husband's office and a workout space. For an idea: the upstairs area of this second floor addition is bigger than our house in California. Our house in California was 1804 sq. ft. This is over 2000 sq ft.


We also have a deck area. The idea is that we're going to move the grill over here and the big table/chairs that we have on the screened in porch are moving over there, as well. Under that space is a garage area where Husband will likely park the side-by-side.



This next one is looking the opposite way, from the far end of Husband's office space. He's having a half-bath put in that space (loo, urinal, and sink) as well as two large closets, mostly for Christmas storage since that's difficult to haul up and down stairs (we have a lot of Christmas stuff).





The doorway/hallway comes from our dining room. Right now, on both the main floor and downstairs, there are windows where the connecting "halls" are going to go. So, that means that for right now, we need to climb out a window. And it's going to be a wide walkway so we might put up some Ivar shelving from Ikea there, as well. We'll see how things go. 

At this point, it looks like everything will be ready to go by March(ish). It's mostly just lining up everyone in order to do their tasks: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, flooring, the theater (yes, there's a theater on the second floor, as well)....yeah. We still have a lot of work left but it's getting ever-closer. I mean, I can actually go on the second floor now (though it's a bit cold). 

Other than that, we're in the planning stages for what we need to bring on our cruise. I cleaned out the car today - well, the boys did a lot of it. i still need to take it in and have it properly vacuumed/cleaned on the inside but at least the garbage and crap that was in there has been handled. 

I'll probably start the packing list sometime this week, maybe some of the actual packing. I also need to try on my dress for fancy night to make sure it still fits. It should as I've lost weight since the last time I wore it but it's still a good idea to check. I also need to do a dry run for the suitcases in the car (as we have a total of six people going so it's not just our suitcases). I think we'll be okay but, you know, I need to make sure. 

And then there's Christmas...I think we're mostly set, as long as everything arrives on time. It looks like there's a possibility that one or two things won't arrive on time. It'll be fine. 


Anyway, I think that's enough babble for now. I'm going to wander off, go to bed, all that. I hope you've had a lovely couple of weeks. I'm going to try to get the next three posts out on time but we'll see how that goes.....

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment