Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Lucky Thirteen: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Keep 'er Moovin' (Update #3)

Hellllllooooooooo Sunday!

 

Finished Objects (FOs)
1.
Irma Hat: started 23 December 2023; finished 15 January 2024

I finished up the Irma hat after I wrote my last post. I didn't realize I was as close as I was to finishing. I'm still debating about whether I should put a pom on it or not. I have plenty of yarn for a pom. I don't even like poms. Who am I?!



This is the unwashed/unblocked version but you get the idea. It's since been washed/blocked and I've been wearing it. I did the pattern as written except I started out with additional stitches and reduced instead of starting with less and adding more stitches and I added an additional pattern repeat because it wasn't long enough and I knew blocking would not change that fact. But those were the only two things I changed on the pattern. And honestly, it's a great pattern but I think most everyone would need to add that extra pattern repeat if they want it long enough. Then again, row gauge has always been an issue for me. So, you know, your mileage may vary?

 

Works-In-Progress (WIPs - these are carried over year after year, if needed)
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
9. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
10. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
11. Socks: started 28 September 2022
12. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
13. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)
14. Vanilla Socks: started 7 October 2023
15. Baby Blanket: started 28 October 2023
 

Because I finished up the hat, I've had time to work on other things, right? Ha. Haha. Actually, I shouldn't laugh because I did actually work on other things. I pulled out the Vanilla Socks that I'm making for myself and worked on them here and there this past week. I actually made a good amount of progress on the first sock. I likely need to count my rounds again but I'm almost done with the leg of the first sock. 

Additionally, I pulled out the baby blanket and decided that it was time to go back to the purple. So I've knit something like 12 or 16 rows in purple, then 8 rows in white, now I'm back to purple, and then I think I'm going to switch to pink for a bit. I think I'm going to have this blanket be mostly pink so we'll see how things go. I might get sick of the pink and just do random stripes in multiples of four rows. I don't know yet. The yarn hasn't told me how it wants to be knit yet. 

 

OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Musselburgh (any weight - check pattern for details)
2. Danu Fingerless Gloves (fingering weight, possibly Koigu Painters Palette)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, possibly Malabrigo Rios)
4. Rose's Wrist Warmers (worsted weight, some fuchsia Cascade 220 superwash)
5.
Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, probably Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Dumbledore's Christmas Socks (fingering weight, in Opal Dumbledore)
7. Antler Mittens (worsted weight, probably Knit Picks Swish Worsted)
8. Flax (worsted weight, Misti Alpaca Worsted)
9. Park Slope (fingering weight, Mountain Colors)
10. Fili Socks (finger weight, Holiday Yarns Flock Sock that I dyed)
11. Classic Octopus Hat (worsted weight, two contrasting colors)

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax Light for Little Man (fingering weight, using the yarn I dyed for him)
2.
Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, Molly Ringwald?)
3. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, purple & pink of some sort)
4. Replacement toy for Sassy Girl (she's requested a cow so I'll need to see what I can find)
5. Hipster for Little Man & Stormageddon (DK weight, Anzula Cricket)
6. Regular Guy Beanie (Aran weight, Malabrigo Twist that I dyed)
7. Dandy Sir Cephalepod (any weight)
8. My Little Slug (worsted weight, any color)
9. Knitted Knockers (DK or worsted, neutral colors)
10. C*nt Dishcloth for Rachel (worsted weight, any color as long as it's cotton)
11. F*ck Dishcloth for Rachel (worstedweight , any color as long as it's cotton)
12. Santa Hat (worsted weight, red and white)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Pop Blanket (worsted weight, preferably superwash, Knit Picks Brava set)
2. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight, bits and bobs)

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory of some sort
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual sets for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed (because I'm allergic to silk and I'm super mad about it but it is what it is...but that means the silk has to go and I'm still super mad about it......)

 

I pondered whether to start the Antler Mittens or Rose's Wrist Warmers this week. I pulled out the yarn and needles for both....then put them away and worked on socks instead. 

I'm finally almost getting over this ridiculous cough that I've had for far too long. I say "almost" because I'll be fine for several hours and then I'll have a random coughing fit for no reason other than my body is rude. And then I'll be fine again. Unless it's stupid cold outside and I'm out there for too long...then the asthma kicks in which just leads to more coughing and because I'm a lady that's carried two babies to full term, I do that other thing (if you know, you know). 

I'm so over it.

I'm also over this cold weather...which is great because it's supposed to warm up a bit this week (enough to start melting snow and making things super sloppy). And then snow. And then rain. Because winter in Wisconsin no longer means just snow because climate change is a thing. 

The construction has been on hold because of the cold and the snow....and that we had to order a couple more windows (we were going to reuse windows we removed for doors but one of them had bad vinyl so we just ordered both, which put us behind a bit). ::sigh:: But, the builder was over earlier today and did a walk-through with Husband about where to put the outlets and that kind of thing. And then we forgot to give him his check because it's that kind of Sunday.

It's been fairly quiet around here, honestly. It's been too cold to do much of anything. Tuesday morning the busses wouldn't start so the district families got a call at like 7:15am that school was cancelled....which meant my little monkeys were outside freezing their cute little butts off from 7am-7:15am, which isn't long when the weather is nice...but it was like -20ºF. They were less than pleased about that development. But I still had to go to work

On Monday Husband and I were supposed to go to my bestie's house to help her fix some things but her daughter (my goddaughter) was up puking so we noped right out of that. I don't even remember what we wound up doing on Monday. Oh well. It was cold anyway. 

Oh, and I've been back at the chiropractor this past week a few times. I managed to anger a couple of ribs with the snowblower and the shovel so I've been trying to get myself back in alignment....and it's slow but it's working. I just have to be careful about how I twist/turn because that's usually what sets me off. 

Anyway, that's enough rambling. I should take some photos. I haven't taken very many lately. I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment