Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Lucky Thirteen: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Day late, dollar short, have a dollar, take a dollar (Update #4)

Um.......yeah. It's Tuesday. Sorry. Life got in the way. It just did. 

 

Finished Objects (FOs)
1.
Irma Hat: started 23 December 2023; finished 15 January 2024

Nothing new. Just wearing the Irma Hat lots and lots....

 

 

Works-In-Progress (WIPs - these are carried over year after year, if needed)
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
9. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
10. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
11. Socks: started 28 September 2022
12. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
13. Star Stitch Shawl: started 8 June 2023 (link to the kit)
14. Vanilla Socks: started 7 October 2023
15. Baby Blanket: started 28 October 2023

It's been a very light week for knitting. I think I brought out the yarn once or twice....and that's a maybe. Honestly, I don't know that I did any actual knitting this week. It may have been one of those weeks where I looked at my projects but didn't actually do anything with them.

Some weeks are like that. 

 

OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Musselburgh (any weight - check pattern for details)
2. Danu Fingerless Gloves (fingering weight, possibly Koigu Painters Palette)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, possibly Malabrigo Rios)
4. Rose's Wrist Warmers (worsted weight, some fuchsia Cascade 220 superwash)
5.
Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, probably Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Dumbledore's Christmas Socks (fingering weight, in Opal Dumbledore)
7. Antler Mittens (worsted weight, probably Knit Picks Swish Worsted)
8. Flax (worsted weight, Misti Alpaca Worsted)
9. Park Slope (fingering weight, Mountain Colors)
10. Fili Socks (finger weight, Holiday Yarns Flock Sock that I dyed)
11. Classic Octopus Hat (worsted weight, two contrasting colors)

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax Light for Little Man (fingering weight, using the yarn I dyed for him)
2.
Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, Molly Ringwald?)
3. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, purple & pink of some sort)
4. Replacement toy for Sassy Girl (she's requested a cow so I'll need to see what I can find)
5. Hipster for Little Man & Stormageddon (DK weight, Anzula Cricket)
6. Regular Guy Beanie (Aran weight, Malabrigo Twist that I dyed)
7. Dandy Sir Cephalepod (any weight)
8. My Little Slug (worsted weight, any color)
9. Knitted Knockers (DK or worsted, neutral colors)
10. C*nt Dishcloth for Rachel (worsted weight, any color as long as it's cotton)
11. F*ck Dishcloth for Rachel (worstedweight , any color as long as it's cotton)
12. Santa Hat (worsted weight, red and white)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Pop Blanket (worsted weight, preferably superwash, Knit Picks Brava set)
2. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight, bits and bobs)

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory of some sort
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual sets for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed (because I'm allergic to silk and I'm super mad about it but it is what it is...but that means the silk has to go and I'm still super mad about it......)

 

I didn't even take photos this week. Of...anything. Well, I take that back. I have a blurry photo of a racoon that was trying to come home with me the other day because it was very close to my car....but that was it. And, really, given that it's blurry, I don't think it's worth sharing in the first place. 

Most of this past week has been kind of boring. We have been experiencing a heat wave, of sorts, here in southern Wisconsin. And by heat wave, I mean that it's been above freezing and all the snow we got is starting to melt and you can actually see grass in places. It's January. We are not supposed to have melting snow this early in the winter season. But, here we are. It's supposed to be 52ºF next week! That's damn near shorts weather! And actually, for February, it *is* shorts weather! 

We have had some forward progress on the addition, which is always nice. We have had the electrician and the plumber in to do work this past week. We're still waiting on two windows but those should be coming either this week or next week. And then we have HVAC coming in once the electrical and plumbing are ready to go. Then siding and drywall. And then. And then. And then. Having to order two windows we weren't expecting to order set us back a bit and then we had those frigid temperatures, which also set us back a bit. But, we're going in the right direction again, so we've got that going for us. 

I think the only other thing going on around here is that Stormageddon's IEP meeting is coming up. Last year, it was decided he didn't need his IEP and could go forward with a 504, which would still allow him some of the same services.....and then his behavior went all to hell and we basically said he needs his IEP back. And we're finally getting around to the damn thing. His behavior has been all over the place - mostly on the bus but he was having some difficulty in the classroom, which I think has been mostly sorted out. Regardless, we need to get something in place for him. Academically he's fine but he's also bored with ADHD, which is not a good combination. So, we'll see how that goes. 

Oh, and because why not, I'm still having random coughing fits. I'm not "sick" per se, but this lingering cough is trying to kill me. As I'm writing this, I'm having coughing fits. ::sigh:: I know it will end eventually but apparently that's not right now. And I'm so so very over it. 

And with that, I'm going to wander off.....I think I'm going to shower before bed, try to find one of my inhalers since I'm coughing, and we'll go from there. I hope to have something worth talking about next week. We'll see how things go. I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend and start of a new week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment