Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, December 5, 2011

Manic Monday (Maniac Monday?)

It's just another Manic Monday (whoa-a-whoa...I wish it were a........wait, no I don't wish it were Sunday).

Anyway, it's Monday and you know what that means! Oh, you don't? Oops. I guess I don't either. So, it's Monday and let's recap what's been going on in my world, just because I can.

If you remember this post, you'll realize that I've not been doing enough knitting. The WIP Wednesday post hasn't changed in a couple of weeks, except that I've finished Sweet Girl's hat and Husband's SIL's hat (Sweet Girl's mom). I'm still in the midst of my BIL's hat (which is just a plain beanie, using the same stitch count and decrease as the aforementioned hats) and Little Man's blanket. I'm hoping that I'll have the blanket finished before Christmas but that might not happen. We'll see. The hat will probably be finished in time for another FO Friday post...this week.

If you remember this post or this post, you'll realize I have been doing some cleaning. It's not going as well as I had hoped but it's a start. I had planned to clean in the office some more yesterday but a migraine that wouldn't quit basically put me in bed all day (Husband played with Little Man so I could get some more sleep). By the time I had started feeling better, it was a little too late to be digging around in the office and Little Man would have been really upset with me if I left him to go clean. So, I played with Little Man, instead...and it was totally worth it. Perhaps I'll get around to some more cleaning in the office while Little Man naps today. Or I'll work on putting things up on Freecycle or Craigslist...or both.

In other random events, I've been having startitis with knitting. I have things to finish but all I can do is dream about my next project(s). I've gotten a couple of things I've ordered (Knit Picks, The Plucky Knitter) and a few things I purchased from members on Ravelry (more yarn)...and having gone through some of my fiber and yarn, I keep thinking of what I want to do next. I haven't started anything (yet) because I'd like to have more of a "game plan" for my knitting, so to speak. Bob knows I don't need any more yarn so I'd like to start planning what to do with the yarn I have in my stash. I have plenty of things in my Ravelry queue and plenty of the yarn to do it...plus I'm planning to start the Master's Knitting courses through The Knitting Guild Association. I'm going to have to have a little sit-down with my queue and yarn and plan some things out. The idea originally comes from the Yarn Harlot and her self-imposed sock-of-the-month project but I'm not going to limit it to just socks and I'm allowing myself more than a month to complete a project. I just don't have the time to knit like I want and I think I would add undue stress into my life by trying to force myself to finish a project every month.

Speaking of undue stress, my tenant (and knitting friend) called about the washer at my condo. It decided to take a shit. Sorry, but that's what it did. The technical term is "stopped spinning." I guess I shouldn't complain as it's almost 20 years old and is the product that put Maytag into bankruptcy years ago...but it means we have to get a new washer for the condo. Husband ordered one from Home Depot. It's nothing fancy...but they can't deliver it until January 3rd. Seriously, a month?! I feel bad about it but there's nothing I can do short of renting a trailer and driving to the warehouse (which is Bob only knows where) to pick it up myself. But, it gets better...not only did her washer crap out, but so did ours! I was doing Little Man's laundry the other day (Friday, probably) and went to switch it over only to find the door locked, the washer off, and when I finally got the door unlocked and open (which took some finagling with starting and stopping the machine a couple of times), I found that all his stuff was sopping wet. There was also quite a bit of water in the machine. So, I tried to get it to spin out by putting it on a spin cycle and it wouldn't spin. I could hear it trying to spin but it wouldn't go. So, I had to haul out Little Man's sopping wet clothes, take them into the utility bathroom and wring them out, then throw them back in the washer. I was finally able to get it to start spinning after I had pre-wrung over half the load. I was not happy. This isn't the first time I've found laundry like this but I was able to get the machine to spin out, at least. This time, I had to fight it. I don't know if it's because it wasn't as full as it usually is or if it's just being a pile. We're having someone come look at it tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that it's nothing huge and that we don't have to replace it already (though, if we do have to replace it, we're getting a top-loader; I hate this front-load business). So, two washers that aren't working.

*sigh*

Anyway, I think that's all that's going on in my world. Perhaps I'll have a WIP Wednesday project (or two) to show...or not. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment