Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #50

Good morning(ish) from the rainy city that is San Francisco...or, rather, just south of San Francisco. Whatever, it's raining and windy and it's just one of those days where we already have the fireplace going and no one, save Stormageddon, are out of jammies....and the only reason he is out of his jammies is because when I went to get him out of his crib this morning, he had already taken his pants and socks off. ::sigh::

But, we'll talk about other things in a mo'......let's get down to business :)

Finished Objects (FOs):  
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014  
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015

9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015 (pattern is live and can be purchased via Ravelry)
12. Traveling Vines Socks (pattern for publication): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure Friday, October 18, 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015 and it's all finished
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
19. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015; finished September 1, 2015
20. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015; finished September 5, 2015
21. Curlew: started September 10, 2015; finished September 26, 2015
22. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015; finished November 2, 2015
23. Maple Slouch Hat: started November 15, 2015; finished November 20, 2015
24. Maple Slouch Hat (2): started November 23, 2015; finished December 1, 2015
25. Bunny: started September 8, 2015; finished December 8, 2015

I finished up Stormageddon's bunny this past week. He's all sewn together, stuffed, face, everything. He's currently hiding in my yarn closet with the rest of the Christmas presents that need wrapping. I hope to get that done this week. We'll see how that goes.

I also did an FO Friday this past Friday. Included were the bunny and both versions of the Maple Slouch Hat. You can find it right here


Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Vanilla Latte Socks: started November 19, 2015

With the bunny out of the way, I've tried getting back to some of these WIPs. I've almost finished the third (and final!) border repeat.......and I'm running out of yarn. I'm playing yarn chicken in a big, bad way. I should have enough, based on the information in the pattern......but I'm still paranoid. 

I also worked a couple rounds on my Vanilla Latte Socks. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to start my heel flap. I think. I should probably try them on to see how long they are right now. Then maybe I'll start the heel flap. 

Other than that, nothing else has seen any action, though I may have glanced at my Fire Socks. Maybe. I may also have pondered buying more yarn, not that I need any...


In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...

Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at "random")
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks (done, see FO #12)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats


Um...moving along.......nothing to see here.........



This week has been rainy and windy, off and on. I know I shouldn't complain because we are in such a nasty drought but, honestly, I'm not a fan of the rain that happens here. We don't just get a normal rain shower. We get bursts of high winds and downpours interspersed with a normal rain shower. So, the weather is unpredictable when it comes to rain. Right now, it's raining and it's a little windy, but not where my trees are trying to bend over the fence into the neighbors yard....which happened not too long ago when it was quite a bit windier. 

Other than the rain, the weather has been "normal" for California at this time of the year. 

This week was busy, though. On Monday night, I had to go to the mandatory kindergarten meeting that the school district does. I didn't learn anything different from last year other than they're doing registration for charter/magnet schools differently. Last year, if you wanted to transfer to a different school, be it a charter/magnet or neighborhood school, the transfer requests were all done at the same time, on the same form, and you ranked your "wishlist," so to speak. This year, they're doing charter/magnet transfers first, then regular registration, then if you want out of your own neighborhood school and into a different one, those are third. So, as Little Man is in the Montessori Preschool program and I want to keep him there, I did the transfer request for the Montessori program. If he doesn't get in and is, in fact, waitlisted, his regular school is also one of the magnet schools......but I want him nowhere near that one. ::sigh:: He'll most likely get into the Montessori program but you know, I need to be prepared. 

Tuesday, Husband wound up having jury duty. He had the date wrong in the calendar and it's a good thing he checked prior or he would have been wrong and in trouble. He was eventually dismissed because he knows the laws too well (he used to be a cops reporter). That night, he and Little Man went to Cupertino to see the Adam & Jamie Unleashed Tour (as in Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters), which Little Man loved. Poor kid fell asleep on the way home, though. I don't know how his neck didn't hurt...


Adam & Jamie, on stage (Husband's photo)
After all that, the rest of the week was kind of low-key, other than the usual errands and trying to fit things into a certain timeframe (like while Little Man is at school in the mornings). I wound up buying myself a new dress, which never happens. But, the dresses I own are either currently way too big, or just a titch too small, which is odd that I kept any dresses from when I was smaller because it was so long ago. But, I did. In the meantime, though, we're going on the cruise and I needed a dress. So, I now have one. 

I wore it last night to the show. 

Yes, Husband and I had a "date night" wherein we dropped the children off with our friends and we went to see a Broadway show. It wasn't quite that simple, though.

I have a friend from my college days that works for a traveling Broadway show, A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder. They are in San Francisco at the Golden Gate Theater for a few weeks. She got us tickets to the show (woohoo) and we took her and her husband, who also works for the show, out for dinner between the matinee and the evening show. They both work in the sound department and she was running the sound board last night. 

But, we had adventures. We dropped off the kids, came home, had lunch, got dressed, drove to the Milbrae BART station (Bay Area Rapid Transit), took BART downtown, got lost looking for the theater because Verizon sucks downtown (Husband's cell carrier for his phone, which is work-issued), got to the theater, got drinks in sippy cups for the theater (very, very, very strong Jack & Cokes), watched a fantastic show (seriously, it's hilarious and you should go see it), and then went to a fantastic place for dinner. got back on BART, and that's when I started feeling like warmed over poo. I didn't throw up or anything but I was close. And we had to go get the boys on the other side of the Bay. 

I figured out what it was this morning when I looked at our bagels and discovered that they were growing mold. 

My lunch yesterday? Bagel & cream cheese. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the problem was my lunch choices. 

But, I'm fine today, which helps. 


Here are a couple more photos from the week:

SELFIE!

Wearing Daddy's hat

Stormageddon and I ate his legs!

Our seats for the show

Right before school


Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. pajama days are the best! Especially on dreary, rainy days. Glad that the show was awesome, but sorry hat you fell victim to mouldy bagels! no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are getting big. Glad you didn't get too sick and had a wonderful time at the show

    ReplyDelete