Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, June 8, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Just one more week (Update #23)

Happy Monday! I used to be so good at getting posts up on Sundays and then I don't know what happened and now, after nine years, here we are. I think I'm just going to accept it all as part of life and get on with it. Or something. 

Anyway, let's get moving, shall we?



FOs (Finished Objects):
1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020
3. Mirkwood: started 9 February 2020; finished 17 February 2020
4. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018; frogged 9 April 2020
5. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020; finished 25 May 2020

Nope. Keep 'er movin'....



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
10. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
11. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
12. Baby Yoda: started 14 March 2020
13. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020

Clearly I am a glutton for punishment. I started a new project, because why not?! I won a skein of Red Heart Roll With It at the Stitches West Pajama Party in February and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I've been contemplating something in linen stitch for awhile because I figured it would be pretty meditative (and it is) so I'm just going to knit this long scarf, however long it ends up being, and then I'll probably sew the ends together and make a cowl of some sort. It depends on how long it is, first. It's only 296 yds and the linen stitch is pretty dense so I expect it will make a respectable cowl of some sort. I don't anticipate it being a scarf. We'll see. 

In addition to starting that, I also worked on my Herbivore shawl this week. I'm in the second section so I'm just working through that. Rows are starting to take a bit longer as it gets bigger, which is fine. I only got three rows done this past week. 

I pulled out my Abracadabra Socks as well. I finished up the heel flap & turn, the heel gusset decreases, and I'm now just working down the foot. If I keep working at this pace, I might have them done in a week or two but let's not hold our breath. We know I don't operate that way. 





There is the proof of my sockening. I'm a bit further along but that's another issue. I'm using Knit Picks Felici in Abracadabra for the main color and a Loops & Threads something for the cuff and heel. I thought I would like that yarn but it's a bit too thin for sock yarn, it sticks to me, and it's hot to work with (because of the acrylic, I suspect). But, that's what's happening there.




OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:

1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
4. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
5. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)



Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths/chewcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)


Designs:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
2. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit



In addition to the actual knitting I did this week, I also contemplated starting (several) projects and I also went looking in my RavQueue for some ideas. One of Husband's cousins called me earlier this week and told me she was pregnant with twins (and not like 13 weeks - she's already at 27 weeks). She's one of my favorites and her big one is Little Man's age (they're buddies from 2200 miles away). So, I'm thinking of matching baby sweaters or something. I don't know. So, I was trolling around in my queue and I found a couple sweaters and hats that might work. Now I just need to roll in my stash and find something suitable. 

So, there's that. I also contemplated starting another project for me but I should maybe look into some of these ones I have on the needles...

Aside from that, there's just the usual quarantine life in California. Some things are starting to open back up but I'm going to let everyone else go first. Outdoor dining, for example. We don't really have issues with weather (other than it being too damn hot) so outdoor dining is pretty consistent for restaurants. I think the library is starting to do curbside pickup, as are other non-essential businesses (though I don't know any crafter that would say a craft store is non-essential). It was rather warm here at the beginning of the week so the boys were spending time in the pool again. And if they weren't in the pool, they were at least outside playing (when they weren't doing schoolwork). 





This goofy boy....if he's cold inside the house, he will wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts, then go sit outside until he's hot, then come back inside. He would be better off just wearing shorts and a t-shirt, wrapping himself up in a blanket, and going outside when he's cold, just to warm up. He doesn't understand that quite yet, though. ::sigh:: 

Oh, I know something else I did over the past few days. I made sourdough bread. 





It didn't rise as much as I had hoped it would but it's still pretty good. I have a full loaf yet and I'm the only one eating it. Oh well. Sucks to be everyone else in my house. 

This is actually partly Little Man's doing. We had a big box from when we got the new room air conditioner and Little Man made it into an Iron Man of some sort and these were the eyes, which Stormageddon put on himself. ::sigh:: Silly child.




We had some bounty from our plants out front. I went to weed in the cucumbers yesterday and came across two ripe ones. So, I picked them. I wasn't expecting anything in there, aside from the flowering bits so I was rather surprised. In addition to the cucumbers, we have a zucchini squash plant, two different kinds of tomatoes, jalepeƱos, a couple onions, and then our fruit trees. Our orange tree is in a lull between fruiting seasons, our lemon tree is still full, our lime tree is kind of between fruiting seasons but there are still ripe ones and babies, and both the apple and apricot trees have tons of fruit. The apricots will be ready sooner than the apples but that's fine. That's how it usually works. I just wish the apricots didn't all come at once. They go bad before we can eat all of them. 

Lastly, a selfie of me and the boys. I couldn't get Little Man to smile properly but that's on him. ::sigh:: Stormageddon was more than happy to take the photo. It's for a project for Little Man's school on Friday (a video). So, I'll share it with you, as well.





I hope you had a good week and weekend! I'll try to get back on Sunday but no promises!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm still leary on going back out to the world unless I really have to.

    ReplyDelete