Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, February 19, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - She's a SuperLate...SuperLate....She's SUPERLATE! (Updates #6 and #7)

I know. I know. It's Sunday. And a week late. I'm so very SuperLate. Apparently that's how I'm just going to roll this week. It's just how it's going to be. And because I'm so very SuperLate, I'm just going to combine two weeks into one. Live with it.


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022

Yeah. Moving on.

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
10. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
11. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
12. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
13. Socks: started 28 September 2022
14. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
15. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
16. Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023
17. Hat: started 15 February 2023

Yeah. I started another project. And it's a hat. This is just what I do now. I make hats and I know things. Or something. 

The new hat is being made from leftovers of the Kitty at Christmas hat...because I've finished the knitting part of the hat and I've kitchenered the top closed (and played an exciting game of yarn chicken, which I won, by the way). But, that hat is not finished yet. I know it sounds finished and really, it is mostly finished...but my client requested snowflake earrings. So. The hat is done except for the snowflake earrings. I'm still working out how I'm going to make those. I've pulled a couple patterns in Ravelry and I'll likely make them teeny (like crochet thread teeny) but I haven't gotten that far yet. I also need to figure out how I'm going to attach them. I'm debating whether I should make them removable like on those metal, bell shaped stitch markers or just attach them.

In addition to finishing the knitting on the Kitty at Christmas hat and starting a new hat, I also managed to work on Bonbon last weekend. I've finished up all the appendages and stuffed them accordingly and now I'm working on the body. I've attached the legs to the body already but I haven't started stuffing the body quite yet. I'll get there. Of course, it might help if I wandered down to the craft room and found my stuffing.

I also worked a little bit on the Lakeline Tank. I think I'm at that point where I separate the front and back but I might want to take better measurements of myself first. 

That's actually not a whole lot for two weeks....hrm. I should look into fixing that.


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight, ~150 yds; Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight, ~150 yds; htNEVELE worsted)
7. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight, ~220 yds; anything will work)
8. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
9. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
10. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

It's been two weeks since I've wandered in this way (though, if truth be told, I started this blog post last Monday and it just didn't get finished, which is why I'm now combining two weeks into one). And honestly, it's been pretty quiet around here.

One of my college besties came down from up north, with her husband, and we went tubing at the snow place down the road from us. We were a little worried that the weather wasn't going to cooperate with us but it was fine. We had actual snow because apparently, Thursdays is when we get snow. We had nasty snow storms two Thursdays in a row. And then it warms up and melts. So it doesn't look like we've had a lot of snow but in the last two weeks, we've had something like 18" of snow, but we've also had a good inch or two of rain on top of it (part of why it melted from the first time). So now it looks like we've hardly got any snow. I shouldn't complain...it's going away and I've not had issues getting to and from work, other than driving slow and praying to someone that I don't go off the road. It looks like the weather is going to pull the same crap this coming week - 7" on Wednesday and an additional 2" on Thursday. ::sigh::  

While our friends were here, Stormageddon did some selfies on the husband's phone and he sent them to us. This kid! I love him. 



Oh, and we figured out how much junk can fit in my trunk (of the ID4)...apparently it's quite a bit. We went to Costco and filled my trunk like whoa. There are paper towels in there, which took up a lot of space. But still, I fit a ton of junk in my trunk.



With all the snow, the boys wound up having snow days. This past week, Husband made them work on their Lego sets. That's always a good time, and the boys did agree.


Stormageddon did finish his but Little Man was still working on his this morning, though I think he finished his, as well. 

Like I said, it's been a quiet couple of weeks around here, for the most part. I did get some shocking news. A childhood friend of mine passed away at 43 years old, leaving behind two boys that are about the same ages as mine, and his (ex)wife, and his older brother and his family, and younger sister and her family, as well as his parents, and tons of other family members and friends. Apparently he had been sick and in the hospital but it was still a shock. The visitation was Friday and the funeral was yesterday. I did go to the funeral, sat with some high school friends, and spent the post-funeral reception drinking with other high school friends. This one was a hard one. We have been friends since we were 3 years old. And we haven't been close in decades but this one still hurts and is definitely not one we were ready for. 

On a happier note, we went out for Culver's ice cream flavor of the day (Andes Mint something something). 

That's about all I know right now. I hope you've all had a lovely couple of weeks and I'm going to try to get back on track next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment