Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, March 6, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - March right on in, for sure! (Update #9)

Happy March, y'all! I always kind of feel like March is when the new year truly starts...not that garbage in January, though I also feel like that's a new year but that may also be because my birthday is right then and....yeah, I'm rambling.

On with the knitting!

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023

I've finished nothing new, as if that's surprising. Moving along...

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
10. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
11. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
12. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
13. Socks: started 28 September 2022
14. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
15. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
16. Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023

Last week I had mentioned that I was considering working on my Smile & Wave Fingerless Mitts. This week, I actually worked on them. I got the thumb stitches onto a holder (which was a long piece of yarn) and I'm working on the finger side now. I've only knit maybe 1.5" past that point...but that's 1.5" I didn't knit before, so that's progress and progress is progress. One of these days I might even take a photo! I've got maybe another 1.5" left before the bind-off so I guess that's good.

In addition to that, I also worked on the Socks for Little Man. I'll eventually get around to writing up the pattern and so forth but for now, I'm just working on them. I've made the pattern before so I know how it works but the yarn I used was Collinette Jitterbug and it's discontinued. For this round, I thought I should use a more commercially available yarn, so I'm using Malabrigo Sock that I've had banging around the stash for awhile. But, if we're really being honest here, a lot of my stash has been banging around for awhile. It's fine. 

I also pondered starting mittens but I didn't get that far. I know where two skeins of the yarn are hiding because they're in plain sight on my nightstand right now. The white is downstairs in a project bag...but I don't know exactly where. So maybe next week?


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight, ~150 yds; Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight, ~150 yds; htNEVELE worsted)
7. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight, ~220 yds; anything will work)
8. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
9. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
10. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

I wore a tank top and capris to work this week because there was one day when it was at least 50ºF and that means that it's warm and I can do that. And actually, for the most part, it was fine. But there was only one day I was able to do that. The rest of the week was kind of cold, which made me kind of grumpy. I shouldn't complain because the days are getting longer and it's getting warmer but I'm so very much definitely over winter right now. 

I went out to Bingo this week with some friends. Prizes were fancy designer purses, not that we won. And while we were gone, the boys went to P-Vegas (Platteville) for dinner at a pizza place there, which was perfectly acceptable. Little Man sent me a couple photos from their adventures.



Aside from that, the week was pretty quiet up until Sunday afternoon when we went over to see friends and help them fell some tress. Well, Husband and I helped him with the trees and the boys were pulling old brick from around a propane tank. Good times were had. Messy. Cold. But good. They're getting a gigantic shed put in so some trees needed to come out. To be fair, the company that's doing the shed also has people that do tree removal from properties but at $200/hour (which includes them being paid to drive over there), we did it for much cheaper.


Anyway, it looks like we're in for one last snowstorm of the year this week so we'll see how that goes. Yesterday, it looked like we were supposed to get maybe 3"...and I looked this morning and now we're up to 11" of snow. I guess the storm is changing paths. Regardless, I'm not looking forward to it. ::sigh::

I hope you've all had a lovely week and weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment