Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, March 19, 2023

TWELFTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Lazy Sunday (Update #11)

As the title suggests, today is indeed a Lazy Sunday. And I'm okay with that. Let's get to the knitting!

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Josh's Winter Hat: started 20 December 2022; finished 2 January 2022
2.
NEYCO Hat: started 31 December 2022; finished 20 January 2022
3.
Hat: started 15 February 2023; finished 25 February 2023

Nope. Nothing new to see here. Yet. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over year after year, if needed.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
10. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
11. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
12. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
13. Socks: started 28 September 2022
14. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
15. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022
16. Kitty at Christmas: started 28 January 2023
17. Wasabi for Mr. K: started 10 March 2023

While I didn't do a lot of knitting, I did flit around between a few different projects. I pulled out the Returning Shawl and figured out where I was in my expanded portion of the first section and I'm about halfway through. I'm tossed whether I should continue or go on to the next section. I need to check to see how much yarn I have left, as well...that might play a role in whether I move on or not. I know I have another partial ball somewhere but I need to find it. And it's the same dyelot because I made sure of that when I bought the yarn. So I've got that going for me...as long as I can find it. I have a pretty good idea where it is but, you know, I need to actually go look. 

In addition to that, I also put a couple inches onto the Linen Stitch Scarf. It's fairly mindless knitting but it's getting a bit too big to take around with me. So it's really good for working on while watching TV. 

Wasabi the Whale is ready for his first round of stuffing but I haven't done that yet. I took a pause because I was at that point but I'll likely get back to him this week. I went out in search of the black and white felt for the eyes but didn't actually find any. To be fair, I only looked while at Target. I need to go to Michael's or JoAnn's to find it. I might still have some in my supplies in my craft room. I have to go down there anyway to locate the partial skein for the Returning Shawl. Maybe I should just look and then decide whether I need to shop or not. 

My dishcloth is also growing. But I promise that's not exciting. I'm debating whether I want to make it into something that's about two feet in length so I can use it in the shower to wash my back better. I might go that route instead of just a regular dishcloth/washcloth. 


OMGLSFWTFBBQ

Items for ME (FTW!)
1. Nottingham (worsted weight, ~1200 yds; Cascade 220 Heathers)
2. Ishbel (fingering weight, ~610 yds; Happy Hands Yarn)
3. NIN Hat (worsted weight, 2 colors, ~220 yds + scraps; partials bin)
4. Boneyard Shawl (fingering weight, ~750 yds; KP Hawthorne Fingering)
5. Wilf's Hat (worsted weight, ~240 yds; Psych Ward Yarns)
6. Skoufaki (DK weight, ~175 yds; handspun)
7. Kaweah Hat (DK weight, ~240 yds; Houndstooth DK)
8. Chunkeanie (bulky weight, ~160 yds; madelinetosh Chunky)
9. Sockhead (fingering weight, ~400 yds; so many choices)
10. Stranger Things Hat (worsted weight, ~200 yds; Malabrigo Rios)
11. Huj Tub (laceweight, ~900 yds; Laceweight Cashmere)
12. Rose City Rollers (fingering weight, ~250 yds; so many choices)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight; Baah Yarns Shasta)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight, ~165 yds; need grey/black, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight, unknown yardage; black/grey and yellow)
5. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight, ~150 yds; htNEVELE worsted)
6. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight, ~220 yds; anything will work)
7. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight, ~300 yds; need pink, of course)
8. Hippo for Sweet Girl (fingering weight, ~400 yds total; purple & pink)
9. Elefante for Sassy Girl (worsted weight, ~250 yds; maybe if I can find the original...otherwise, something new/different)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1.
Garter Chevron Blanket (worsted weight; KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (any weight; cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
3.
Reusable Produce Bag (worsted weight; cotton or acrylic)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight; superwash or acrylic - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
5. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (any weight; cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
6. Pop Blanket (worsted weight; superwash - a little of this and that?)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight; various colors from partials bin)
8. Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)
9. Yer Mom Licks Cat Butts (worsted weight; "cat" colors and pink for the butthole)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

I took care of a few homestead things this week. I ordered a hive's worth of bees because I knew I had an empty hive. But I also checked on the other hive and found that it, too, was in need of more bees. It looks like something may have gotten into the hive, based on where I found dead bees. Regardless, I sent an email about adding onto my order. If I don't hear back this week, I'll have to call and double-check. 

We also did some cleaning around the house, which is never all that enjoyable, though it does need to get done from time to time. Some dusting happened, scrubbing the tables, vacuuming, cleaning the boys' rooms, and laundry. There's still some dusting left but my allergies were not happy about it so I had to stop. I'll likely get around to it next week. 

It looks lovely and springlike outside today...except it's still below freezing. ::sigh::

This is the creek that runs through our property. In the summer, we get high prairie grasses on either side but in winter, it's all flattened out. We're likely going to have a control burn down to get rid of some of it this spring so we can take care of it more easily. 

I took these photos from the little bridge we built across the creek last summer/fall.



In the bottom photo, you can see my beehives on the right. In the top photo, you can see the boys' playhouse. It's still very brown, but at least most of the snow has melted. There's still some by the hill/forest area because it's in the shade but most of it is gone. And the creek is flowing. 

There hasn't been a lot going on this past week, honestly. I'm still in training at work, though I did have three days of "on the job training," which meant I was in the window, doing the things. But I'm back on training modules this week. The boys are gearing up for spring break, which is the week of the 27th, so not this week but next week. I'll still have to work so Husband and the boys will get to do all the things. Or not. We'll see how things go. They also started making summer plans, which includes a trip out east that I will likely have to miss due to work (I'm saving my vacation for our cruise in December and if I have an unexpected issues from surgery in May). But, that does mean I'll have like 10 days at home, by myself, with just our friends' dog and me. So, you know, fun times. 

Anyway, I hope you've all had a good week/weekend. Hopefully I can keep my act together and keep on schedule!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment