Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, April 1, 2016

Monthly Goals: April 2016

Happy April Fools' Day! I've got no fools for you today, just a monthly goals post, promise!

Let's revisit my March Goals first.

Fibery Goals
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish something!): Dragon's Egg SocksSnape's StockingsWinkVanilla Latte SocksRathmore, and Mother Bear Project.
2. Make rolags and finish spinning up the Asshole Blue Corriedale I found in Stormageddon's room (dammit dammit dammit!).
3. Partake in a fibery endeavor at least 4x/week.
4. Yarn Diet (Clubs don't count).
5. Design work.
6. Clean out the yarn closet.
7. Anything else that comes along.

First and foremostly, I've finished my Dragon's Egg Socks, Rathmore, and the Mother Bear Project. So, that's three items off the needles (and you can read about them here). I've also made progress on Snape's Stockings (second sock is past the gusset decreases), Wink (added a pattern repeat), and my Vanilla Latte Socks (working on the foot of the second sock).

Secondly, I made rolags and finished spinning up the Asshole Blue Corriedale into singles, did a (crappy) chain-ply, washed it, thwacked it, and hung it up to dry. You can read about it here.

Thirdly....well, let's just lump a few together. I'm trying to partake in a fibery endeavor several times a week and I'm doing quite well. My Yarn Diet is not going well (you can read about my stash acquisitions here, here, here, and here and I still have a couple more to discuss but, perhaps next month). Cleaning out my yarn closet has not happened, exactly. I did some work but more in terms of putting things in (newly) empty bins and putting the bins in the closet. Exciting. 


Design work.....ah, design work. My Fire Socks are going live tomorrow (EEEP!). I've also finished up a prototype for a new design but I'm not sold on how it turned out (you can see it here - I've not done a proper FO Friday quiet yet). So, when I make another one (because I'm going to), I have some changes to make. Woo.

As for "Anything Else," I started and finished a Creeper (read about him here). That's about it. Exciting, I know.


Non-Fibery Goals
1. Reorganize in Stormageddon's room
2. Go through bins from Stormageddon's room.
3. Work on our bedroom/closet (go through shelves, drawers, dust, etc.).
4. Gym and/or some other form of exercise.
5. Work on the weight loss shit (woo).
6. Keep up on the (new) bullet journal.
7. Work on recipe journal.

A few things have happened this month that I should discuss. Little Man goes to a charter Montessori school and they have an auction fundraiser every year. I participated in the online auction and won a two-hour session with a professional organizer. She came in last week and we got down to business in the bedroom. We took a little over four hours but the bins from Stormageddon's room were taken care of, the closet had some rearranging done, the bookshelves had some rearranging done, some other things were moved around, and quite frankly, the room looks so much better. And, I only got rid of a couple diaper boxes of stuff, a bag of garbage, and a few recycles. I was amazed everything fit where it did. She was amazing and when I get stuck again, I'm calling her. 

Stormageddon's room, however, didn't have any work done to it. I need to get in there and go through clothes and all of that. 

I've been trying to get to the gym but we had some illnesses go through the house, which put a damper on going to the gym. We're just getting back into it now. It means that I've plateaued in the weight loss, which is fine for now. I'll get back to it eventually.

The bullet journal is fine. The recipe journal is not. 



I think that sums up March. So, let's see what I have in store for April :)


Fibery Goals
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish something!): Snape's StockingsWinkVanilla Latte Socks, Ice Socks, and Mirkwood
2. Pick a new fiber to spin.
3. Partake in a fibery endeavor at least 4x/week.
4. Yarn Diet (Clubs don't count).
5. Design work.
6. Clean out the yarn closet.
7. Anything else that comes along.


Non-Fibery Goals

1. Reorganize in Stormageddon's room
2. Clean the buffet.
3. Clean the mantle/fireplace.
4. Gym and/or some other form of exercise.
5. Work on the weight loss shit (woo).
6. Keep up on the (new) bullet journal.
7. Work on recipe journal(s).


Hope you're having a lovely April Fools' Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment